Pooling data from national and subnational representative surveys, the project has two broad objectives:
- Examine the relationship between inflammation and nutrition biomarkers
- Identify factors associated with anemia in highly prevalent groups
BRINDA1 Key Questions:
- Do we need to measure biomarkers of inflammation when assessing iron or vitamin A status?
- Do we need to measure more than one inflammation biomarker (CRP and/or AGP)?
- What approach should be used to adjust for inflammation?
- Do we need to adjust for malaria in addition to inflammation?
BRINDA2 Key Questions:
- What is the association between inflammation and zinc, vitamin B12 and folate?
- What is the relationship between stunting, inflammation and micronutrient status?
- How common is the double burden of malnutrition and what is the relationship between overweight/obesity, inflammation and micronutrient status?
- How do the conclusions from BRINDA 1 change when applied to a larger harmonized dataset?